Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very versitile recipe. You can mix and match any way you want to get your favorite.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup well drained pineapple (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 mashed ripe bananas (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange zest (optional)
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Beat egg; add milk, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Spoon into muffin pan.
- Bake at 375* for 25 minutes.
- Variations: After mixing add the Variation ingredients.
- Mix and match to get your favorite!
This recipe produces 12 perfect muffins. The first time I made them with the zest of an orange and chocolate chips and the second time with 1/2 cup rolled oats and chocolate chips. I love this excellent versatile recipe.
Very good basic muffin recipe... I used dried cranberries and walnuts and they were delicious. Quite sweet, though and they rather reminded me more of cupcakes than muffins. I think I would also try cooking for less time at a higher temperature because I had a problem with the sides getting too dark before the tops browned. Not burnt, mind you, but getting a little too dark brown for comfort. I'd also try sprinkling the tops with some brown sugar. But overall, very easy, nice and tender and very good.
The recipe was wonderful... however I ignored your variation options because I wanted to make raspberry chocolate chip muffins from the beginning. But I did use the basic muffin part and they turned out wonderfully. Muchly recommended.