Recipe by queenbeatrice
This is, as the title says a basic muffin recipe. You can add ¾ cup of your fruit of choice, blueberries, raspberries, peaches……. If using frozen fruit, do not thaw. You can also have them plain.
Top Review by leiisme
This recipe needed more liquid than the recipe called for as well as needing much more sugar. Even with some added milk and more than double the sugar it was not good. Tried this recipe with some fresh blackberries and had to throw them all away. : (
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Combine the wet ingredients then mix with dry ingredients.
- Stir only until combined.
- If using fruit, add to batter.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 to 25 minute, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.