Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the basic hot chocolate. Beats any mix. and you make it in your mug in the microwave.
Make and share this Basic Hot Chocolate ( Microwave) recipe from Food.com.
- Add cocoa and sugar to mug.
- Add about 2 oz of your milk.
- Microwave for about 30 to 60 seconds just to get the cocoa and sugar to dissolve.
- Add remaining milk.
- Microwave for approx 90 seconds (careful when removing mug as it will be hot).
- Add marshmallows.
- For richer hot chocolate use the half-and-half.
- For diet use the Splenda.
I'd add just a tad more cocoa, but otherwise, delicious!
Followed recipe exactly, except replaced milk with Silk brand Unsweetened Organic Soy Milk, used 2 tsps of cocoa, used regular sugar, and a handful of mini marshmallows (love marshmallows!). Thanks for this nice chocolate fix, Greg Ryan, it's very tasty. :)
Delicious and easy, BUT I had to double the cocoa powder to make it chocolaty enough. 4 stars because its so much richer than the packets mixed with water though.