Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the basic hot chocolate. Beats any mix. and you make it in your mug in the microwave.
Make and share this Basic Hot Chocolate ( Microwave) recipe from Food.com.
- Add cocoa and sugar to mug.
- Add about 2 oz of your milk.
- Microwave for about 30 to 60 seconds just to get the cocoa and sugar to dissolve.
- Add remaining milk.
- Microwave for approx 90 seconds (careful when removing mug as it will be hot).
- Add marshmallows.
- For richer hot chocolate use the half-and-half.
- For diet use the Splenda.
I'd add just a tad more cocoa, but otherwise, delicious!
Followed recipe exactly, except replaced milk with Silk brand Unsweetened Organic Soy Milk, used 2 tsps of cocoa, used regular sugar, and a handful of mini marshmallows (love marshmallows!). Thanks for this nice chocolate fix, Greg Ryan, it's very tasty. :)
Delicious and easy, BUT I had to double the cocoa powder to make it chocolaty enough. 4 stars because its so much richer than the packets mixed with water though.