Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A hearty bread. You can buy barley flour or make your own in a vita mix with the dry blender.
Make and share this Barley Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Place all ingredients except seeds in the bread machine according to the manufactures directions.
- Press dough / fruit and nut cycle. At the beep add the seeds.
- When cycle is complete remove dough to a floured surface punch down and shape to fit into an oiled loaf pan.
- Rise for 45 minutes. Make a deep cut right across the top. Dust with flour.
- rest for 10 more minutes while oven preheats to 425 degrees. Bake 15 minutes then lower oven to 400 and bake 20 more minutes till you hear a hallow sound when tapped.
Hearty and moist. Loved it! Left the seeds out as I didn't have any. Thanks!
I ate almost the whole thing by myself. DH does not like sunflower seeds, but he doesn't get to vote on the stars. I'll try a loaf with sesame seeds for him. I love this bread toasted -- the barley gives it such a crunch, and I love seeds of any kind.