Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mother-in-law created this simple version of "stuffed cabbage".
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 -3 small onions, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) packagesof lipton beef flavored rice and sauce mix
- 4 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- Brown meat and onions in a dutch oven.
- Add tomatoes, cabbage, and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cook covered on medium high heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add packages of rice and 3 cups of water to pot.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
I should have rated this way before now. I have made your recipe many times and love it. I make mine in a pressure cooker and can have it fork tender in about 30 minutes. Great recipe, Thanks lisajane.