Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
Cook1 hr 25 mins
The Best! My Grandmother's Recipe... real comfort food.
Make and share this Barb's Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook chicken breasts in preheated oven until they reach 190 degrees (about 45 minutes).
- Thaw frozen pie shell (about 20 min).
- Bake pie shell at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Peel and slice carrots and microwave (w/ 1 T water) in cassrole dish for 2 minute 20 sec.
- Whisk egg to use later.
- Saute chopped onion in butter.
- Stir in flour and chicken broth. Cook until thickened.
- Add egg and cooking sherry.
- Add cooked chicken, cooked carrots.
- Turn into crust.
- Top with 8 wedge shaped slices cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.