Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
The Best! My Grandmother's Recipe... real comfort food.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 3 cups cubed chicken (3 large breasts)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot (about 1 1/2 carrots)
- sliced cheddar cheese
- 1 frozen pie shell (9-inch )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook chicken breasts in preheated oven until they reach 190 degrees (about 45 minutes).
- Thaw frozen pie shell (about 20 min).
- Bake pie shell at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Peel and slice carrots and microwave (w/ 1 T water) in cassrole dish for 2 minute 20 sec.
- Whisk egg to use later.
- Saute chopped onion in butter.
- Stir in flour and chicken broth. Cook until thickened.
- Add egg and cooking sherry.
- Add cooked chicken, cooked carrots.
- Turn into crust.
- Top with 8 wedge shaped slices cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.