Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
An Asian style pork dish.
Make and share this Barbeque Pork Skewers recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs pork butt
- 12 inches bamboo skewers, soaked in water 1/2 hr
- 1 cup garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce, light
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups Sprite, beverage
- 1⁄3 cup black pepper
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup reserved marinade
- 1 1⁄2 cups banana ketchup (available in Asian food stores, also known as banana sauce)
- Slice pork butt into 1-1/2 in wide x 1/4 in thick pieces. Get rid of some fatty parts and bone.
- Skewer the meat onto bamboo skewers, 5 pieces to a stick. Place in a shallow container with a lid then refrigerate.
- For Marinade, mix all of the ingredients together, taste for balance of sweet and sour, adjusting as required. Reserve a 1/4 cup of the marinade for the glaze.
- Pour remainder of marinade onto meat skewers. Let marinade in the fridge for 6-10 hours or overnight.
- For Glaze, mix the reserved 1/4 cup of marinade with the banana ketchup.
- Grill the skewers making sure not to overcook. While grilling the skewers, baste them with the glaze. Enjoy.