Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is another Taste of Home magazine recipe that I've prepared. The tangy sauce is oh so good and perfectly seasoned.
- 6 lbs pork spareribs, cut in serving size pieces
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ribs in oi, then place bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Saute the onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the ribs and brush with the sauce.
- Continue cooking, uncovered, for about 1 more hour or until the ribs are tender.
- Baste frequently with the sauce while cooking.