Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Apparently, Australians don't actually do much 'shrimp on the barbie' but thanks to Paul Hogan the world thinks otherwise. Traditional or not BBQ shrimp is actually really nice and this is an extra nice way of serving it.
Top Review by ChrissyG1968
This mayo was incredible. I didn't bbq the shrimp but instead poached it. My poached shrimp recipe is #378208. I served it at a party and everyone loved it. I did double the lime juice though.
- 20 medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 mango, grated
- 1⁄4 lime, juice of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 20 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes
Directions See How It's Made
- Skewer the shrimp and brush them with canola oil.
- Heat the barbecue.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, grated mango, lime juice and salt.
- Stir mixture well to combine. Set aside.
- Barbecue the shrimp until cooked -- about 1 minute on each side or slightly longer for larger shrimp.
- Serve shrimp immediately with a side of lime mango mayonnaise for dipping.