Recipe by Gail2293
This is a amazing dish. It's easy & a real crowd pleaser. I bring it in my crockpot to all kinds of picnics and get rave reviews. I never really liked pork until I made this for my hubby who loves pork. Now I can't get enough. I use my own barbque recipie, it's posted, try it.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless pork roast (shoulder or butt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- sandwich buns or cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all spices in a bowl and rub onto roast. I sometimes let my roast marinade in the rub over night.
- Place pepper & onion into slow cooker, add roast. I don't use the green pepper.
- Combine sauce & brown sugar and pour over meat. Cover and cook on LOW 8-10 hours. Or until you can shred the meat easily with two forks. I normally cook mine 15-20 hrs in crockpot but it should be done much sooner than that.
- Serve on Buns or over rice.