Recipe by ICook4danny&Puddin
This as always been in my favorite food top five, until I was like 20 this was my favorite thing ever. This is so so good. O and I have heard people not know a frankfurter is the real name for weeny or the meat thing you put in hot dogs.
Top Review by nott
I really liked this recipe. I used Ball Park Fat Free Franks. I thought soy sauce was a strange ingredient, but it all tasted wonderful. I thought all the cheese would ooze out during simmering, but it didn't. I enjoyed this new twist on hotdogs since I can no longer grill... in an apartment now.
- 8 frankfurters
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 4 slices American cheese (real deli style American cheese is best, cheddar goes well too)
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet pour boiling water over frankfurters and let boil about 5 minutes to plump. Pour off water and make a split down the middle of each frankfurter but not all way to the other side ( you are going to put cheese into the slice).
- Break up the cheese and put half a slice into the slit on each frankfurter.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over frankfurters in skillet. Simmer about 15 minutes spooning sauce over frankfurters from time to time. Add a table of water during cooking if necessary.