Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm always on the lookout for a good B-B-Q chicken recipe that doesn't use a barbecue. This one is pretty good. I can make it on my indoor grill.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice or 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened to even thickness
- Heat oil in small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onion. Cook 5 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Add ketchup, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat grill while sauce is simmering.
- Rinse chicken. Pat dry. Place on grill on medium heat.
- Baste with sauce immediately. Turn after 5 minutes. Baste again. Grill 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.