Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is from my Super Foods cookbook. Totally easy to throw together. Make extra and put some in the freezer. Serve over hot rice.
- 1 lb round steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine everything but the beef in a large bowl. Stir well. Add the beef, cover and marinade for 2 hours or divide into freezer bags, label and freeze for later.
- Thread meat onto small skewers. (Optional) Transfer to an oven dish. Broil for 6 minutes. Serve hot over rice or cous cous.