Recipe by Marie Nixon
I adapted this recipe from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Magazine. I used Sweet Baby Ray's Original Flavor barbecue sauce.
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb pasta
- 12 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine pasta according to package directions for 'al dente'.
- While pasta is cooking, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until the pieces are crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings in the skillet.
- Add chopped onion and saute until tender.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp is cooked through and turns pink.
- Return bacon to the skillet.
- Add the barbecue sauce and cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Drain linguine and place on serving platter.
- Top with shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.