Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light, April 08. Haven't tried yet, looks yummy.
Make and share this Barbecue-Flavored Onion Rings (Baked) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb onion, cut into1/4 inch thick slices and separated into rings (Vidalia or other sweet onion)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika allspice and eggs in a large bowl.
- Dip onions in flour mixture. Place half the onions in a ziploc bag; add 3/4 cup bread crumbs, shaking to coat. Repeat with remaining onion rings and breadcrumbs.
- Arrange onion rings on a single layer on 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450°F for 5 minutes. Turn rings over, coat lightly with cooking spray and bake 5 more minutes.
- Rotate pans and bake 5 minutes more or until crisp.