Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy meal.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- lime wedge (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook chicken, green pepper and onion in 2 tablespoons of oil for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle cheese down center of each tortilla and top with chicken mixture. Fold sides over first, then fold ends over and roll up.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown burritos in remaining oil on all sides.
- Serve with lime wedges, sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes if desired.