3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Every time I make this brisket recipe my family raves how delicious it tastes. The meat is tender enough to be cut with a fork. Even my very young children eat it! Perfect for leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In roasting pan, spread garlic and onion.
- 2Place brisket on top.
- 3Mix all other ingredients in bowl.
- 4Pour over brisket.
- 5Brisket is most tender if it cooks while covered in the gravy.
- 6Cover tightly with foil.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees F until tender.
- 8Cook approximately 1 1/2 hours for 1-2 pounds, 2 1/2 hours for 3-4 pounds, 3 1/2 hours for 5-6 pounds, or 4 1/2 hours for 8-9 pounds.
- 9Once cooked, remove meat from pan and refrigerate in separate container from gravy.
- 10Pour gravy in jars so the next day you can skim off the fat.
- 11The next day slice meat in thin strips.
- 12Place meat in pan or casserole dish.
- 13Cover meat with gravy and warm in oven or on top of stove.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Beef Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 712.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 47.8 g