Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 30 mins
Every time I make this brisket recipe my family raves how delicious it tastes. The meat is tender enough to be cut with a fork. Even my very young children eat it! Perfect for leftovers!
- In roasting pan, spread garlic and onion.
- Place brisket on top.
- Mix all other ingredients in bowl.
- Pour over brisket.
- Brisket is most tender if it cooks while covered in the gravy.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until tender.
- Cook approximately 1 1/2 hours for 1-2 pounds, 2 1/2 hours for 3-4 pounds, 3 1/2 hours for 5-6 pounds, or 4 1/2 hours for 8-9 pounds.
- Once cooked, remove meat from pan and refrigerate in separate container from gravy.
- Pour gravy in jars so the next day you can skim off the fat.
- The next day slice meat in thin strips.
- Place meat in pan or casserole dish.
- Cover meat with gravy and warm in oven or on top of stove.