Recipe by justcallmetoni
Another selection for the 2005 World Tour. A simple and lovely dessert from West Africa.
Top Review by Iceland
I used dark rum as i did not have apricot brandy and i also added a choped down bounty bar to this, my boyfriend was so surprised when he came home and we had this for our engagement-anniversery-tread :) Optional (or not so optional)garnish: Vanilla icecream!
- 8 medium bananas, cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 44.37 ml apricot brandy
- 44.37 ml shredded coconut or 44.37 ml chopped peanuts
- 118.29 ml sour cream (optional) or 118.29 ml low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 14.79 ml sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/4 cup of sugar with cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Roll banana pieces in cinnamon sugar and place in a 9 inch ovenproof dish.
- Mix orange juice and brandy together and pour into dish with the bananas.
- Bake 20 minutes, periodically basting the bananas with the juice.
- Remove bananas from oven and sprinkle either coconut or peanuts on top.
- If you like, mix together the sour cream and tablepoon of sugar. Serve on side as an optional garnish.