Recipe by venus2
There is a tapas bar in downtown Houston that serves this dessert. Tasca's chefs have come up with an incredible, sinfully delicious bread pudding. It's particularly good with cinnamon ice cream.
- 3 french bread French baguettes, cut into cubes (2 DAY OLD)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 5 eggs
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- your favorite vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring butter, cinnamon, sugars, and pecans to a simmer in medium saucepan.
- Add bread cubes to mixture; stir until well coated.
- In large bowl mix cream and eggs; add bananas.
- Fold sugars and custard mixtures together, distributing bananas evenly.
- Pour into buttered 11x7x2-inch pan.
- Let stand 30 minutes to 1 hour to let bread absorb liquid.
- Bake 1 hour or until mixture is set in 325 degree oven.
- Serve warm or cool 3 hours before refrigerating covered.
- Serve with ice cream.