Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Haven't tried this yet -- only in my dreams!!! Can't wait for an opportunity to give it a try.
Make and share this Banana Split Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (15 to 19 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sugar (depending on sweet you like it)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- 16 maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup hot fudge, warmed
- Heat oven to 350. In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients, mix well. Press in bottom and up sides of ungreased 9" springform pan. Refrigerate.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add remaining filling ingredients, beat until smooth. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 350 for 55 to 65 minutes or until center is set. (To minimize cracking, place shallow pan half full of hot water on lower oven rack during baking.).
- Turn oven off; let cake sit in oven for 30 minutes with door open at least 4 inches. Remove from oven, cool to room temperature on wire rack. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate overnight.
- To garnish cheesecake, top with whipped cream, peanuts, cherries and fudge sauce. Store any remaining cheesecake in refrigerator.
Great recipe, after tasting the filling while mixing I decided to add in an extra cup of mashed banana making it 1-1/2 cups, and also increased the sugar slightly, we prefer a sweeter taste, I baked it in a water bath and it baked out lovely, this is one I will make again, thanks for sharing Bobbie!...Kitten:)