1/3 Photos of Banana Split Bread
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2008 Taste of Home cookbook, Baking Classics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, ripe, mashed (about 4 medium bananas)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) jar red maraschino cherries, well drained, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease two 9"x5" loaf pans.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt, then set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream shortening & sugar until light & fluffy, then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Add the flour mixture, a little at a time, to the creamed mixture, alternately with the bananas & pineapple.
- 5Fold in the chocolate chips, cherries & nuts, then pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- 6Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Split Bread
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 115.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g