Recipe by Shar-on
Posted this recipe in response to a request. I have not made this pudding myself, but found it in "The Mennonite Treasury of Recipes".
Top Review by UmmBinat
You should like banana flavoured stuff to like this. Its lovely the first day it is made. I cut this recipe in half using just one egg. I substituted rice milk for the regular milk and used freshly squeezed lemon juice. Since I don't like egg whites I think next time I just won't add the meringue on top but that is a personal preference. It is good with it too honestly but should be consumed the first day with it on top as it doesn't keep well in the fridge.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced bananas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash bananas, then add lemon juice.
- Stir in 2/3 cups sugar, salt, orange rind, egg yolks, milk and rice.
- Pour into baking dish and set in pan of water.
- Bake at 350 degF for about 35 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and add remaining sugar.
- Spread over pudding and bake about 15 minutes longer.