Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an excellent cake/bread recipe with very little fat. Notice there is no butter or oil, just bananas. I cut down to 2 larger bananas but it was a little dry so I did actually add just a little canola oil, but I definitely wouldn't have if I had used all 4 bananas. Also, I subbed in blueberries (frozen unthawed) for the raspberries because it's what I had. I stirred them in towards the end of the gentle mixing with a silicon spatula so they wouldn't get mashed up.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Heat oven to 350°F Coat an 8" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; whisk to blend. Make a well in center; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, and vanilla; fold in raspberries.
- Pour batter into center of dry ingredients; fold together until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into pan; bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Slice before wrapping individually.
I made this as a gift and it was easy to prepare and enjoyed by the birthday girl. I got more than one "thank you" and it smelled good while cooking. Thanks!
Very good! I took it to work today and everyone just loved it. I love that it has no fat in it too. Thanks for the great recipe!
I made this when my family visited this weekend and we all really enjoyed it. It doesn't look real great, it's kind of dark, but the taste more than makes up for it!