Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A not too sweet cookie that makes for a great in between meal snack.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 medium bananas
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place the whole wheat flour, and the ground rolled oats (oatmeal) in a bowl and mix together. (The rolled oats can be ground in a blender on high speed. Be sure that the container is dry before grinding.).
- Add the nutmeg and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the raisins and mix well to ensure that the raisins are not sticking together, and that they are thoroughly coated with the flour mixture.
- Place the apple juice and bananas in the container of a high speed blender. Cover and run at high speed until all the ingredients are thoroughly blended and smooth.
- Add about 3/4 of the banana mixture to the flour mixture and mix thoroughly with a stiff spatula or spoon. Gradually add a little more of the liquid mixture until desired consistency is reached.
- If the cookie dough is too stiff after adding all the liquid mixture, you may add more apple juice. A thinner dough will make a flatter cookie.
- On a non-stick or lightly oiled baking sheet, place the cookie dough in twelve equal sized "mounds." Smooth and shape each cookie with a spoon or spatula, as desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- Begin checking the cookies after 20 minutes of baking. The cookies should be firm, but not hard. Be careful not to over-bake. When the banana raisin cookies are baked, remove from the oven, cool, and enjoy!