Recipe by Aunt Dawn
This is a good made from scratch recipe. I also made extras and put them in the freezer for another quick breakfast for my son. This recipe came from Allrecipes, submitted by Andrea. You can put any fruit in your pancakes. Also, when you want to freeze them, make sure they are cool and put them in a freezer bag layered between wax paper. Layer 3 at a time. Then put them into another storage bag. When your ready for a quick pancake fix, just put 3 pancakes on top of each other, on a microwavable plate,do not cover, and cook on high for about 30-45 seconds. That's it. Enjoy.
Top Review by tony
WOW. My wife is an astronaut lawyer surgeon and had a night off due to current weather conditions. 18.03.2017. It was a cloudy Saturday morning in Glasgow, United Kingdom (11:00 GMT). Location: 55.864, -4.25 Altitude: 23.0 m above mean sea level. Precipitation, 10%. Humidity, 88%. Wind, 10 mph. The moon was phasing at 70.4%, at a distance of approximately 404569 km (31.75 Earth diameters) from Earth. Gravitational particles and space debris everywhere. So I decided to wake up late and make these for my daughter because we had exactly two overripe bananas. Short story long, these were the best banana pancakes we have ever eaten. N.B. These were the only banana pancakes we have ever eaten. Super bouncy with the texture of an old man's left shoe. Surprisingly it tastes like banana. Definitely got some banana scented brownie points.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed (leave a few chunks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be a little lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop batter onto pan, using about 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides.