1/3 Photos of Banana/Orange Bread
1 hr 30 mins
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
The beauty of this recipe is its versatility. Experiment as you wish with the ingredients. Some people like raisins or currant in their loaves (I do not, but that should not stop anyone). This recipe is a delicious, healthy version of an old standby, and one which the entire family can enjoy. The following recipe has batter sufficient for one loaf; I have doubled the ingredients to create two loaves and bake them at the same time. Eat one, and freeze the other. Enjoy. IMPORTANT: Please note nut ingredients. Omit nuts if there are allergy implications. This recipe was originally created by Tracy Holly, General Manager of the Cory Holly Institute. She writes for national magazines and is a lifestyle coach, lecturer and emcee. Tracy is a health and fitness activist and believes in natural medicine. Tracy is the author of "THE ATHLETE'S COOKBOOK", teaches Latin and ballroom dancing, and competes in Masters' Level Ms Fitness and natural body building. Tracy's recipe appears in the current issue of VISTA Magazine; a Canadian Health Publication.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or 2 cups kamut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional) or 1/2 cup currants (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 3Add all wet ingredients in a blender and mix for 15 seconds.
- 4Add the blended ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5Pour mixture into a well-greased bread pan and place on middle rack in preheated oven.
- 6Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- 7Insert toothpick to test for doneness (it should come out clean).
- 8Cover the loaf with foil if it is starting to brown too quickly on top.
- 9Let cool for 30 minutes and then enjoy.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana/Orange Bread
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 179.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g