Banana Orange Nut Bread
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour one 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chopped nuts, and dried cranberries. Set aside.
- Cream shortening, add sugar, beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add mashed banana and orange juice.
- Slowly beat the set aside dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 70-75 minutes.
- Cool 25-30 minutes before removing from pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is really yummy. I had fresh cranberries so I used that. I cut them in half and used 3/4 cup. I used 1/2 cup splenda and 1/4 cup sugar. I used maybe only 1/4 cup pecans cause that's what I had. I cooked it for 70 minutes and it was perfect. I like the texture and the taste is great. Thanks Parsley :) Made for Market tag
This is a very nice bread. I liked the orange flavor. I used pecans and 1/2 cup cranberries and 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots. I think the apricots were extra good in this! I baked it for 70 minutes but found it it overcooked around the edges and a little dry. Also the ingredients are out of order which made the recipe harder to follow.