1/2 Photos of Banana Oatmeal Muffins (Or Bread)
These healthy muffins have a sweet crunchy topping and little bits of banana that keep the muffins moist. Grab your morning coffee and two muffins, and you'll have a healthy and tasty breakfast on-the-run! Alternate instructions are provided for making this in a loaf pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour (I use 1 C. flour and 1/4 C. Quinoa or whole wheat flour)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup banana, ripe, mashed (2 medium bananas)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 (350 if you are making a single loaf so the large inside area has time to bake). Spray pan with non-stick spray.
- 2Mix topping ingredients together. Set aside.
- 3Combine all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices). Note: I've used half Splenda mix for the sugar with great results.
- 4Separately, in a 2 cup measure, combine all liquid ingredients (buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla, and banana).
- 5Pour liquids into dry ingredients. Use a spatula to gently combine.
- 6Fill 12 muffin tins to the rim (or 36 mini-muffins, or one loaf pan). Sprinkle with topping mixture.
- 7Bake 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes (12 minutes for mini-muffins and 45 minutes at 350 degrees for a single loaf). Use toothpick test to make sure there's no wet area in the middle.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Oatmeal Muffins (Or Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.0
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 173.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g