1/2 Photos of Banana Oatmeal Muffins (Or Bread)
These healthy muffins have a sweet crunchy topping and little bits of banana that keep the muffins moist. Grab your morning coffee and two muffins, and you'll have a healthy and tasty breakfast on-the-run! Alternate instructions are provided for making this in a loaf pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour (I use 1 C. flour and 1/4 C. Quinoa or whole wheat flour)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup banana, ripe, mashed (2 medium bananas)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 (350 if you are making a single loaf so the large inside area has time to bake). Spray pan with non-stick spray.
- 2Mix topping ingredients together. Set aside.
- 3Combine all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices). Note: I've used half Splenda mix for the sugar with great results.
- 4Separately, in a 2 cup measure, combine all liquid ingredients (buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla, and banana).
- 5Pour liquids into dry ingredients. Use a spatula to gently combine.
- 6Fill 12 muffin tins to the rim (or 36 mini-muffins, or one loaf pan). Sprinkle with topping mixture.
- 7Bake 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes (12 minutes for mini-muffins and 45 minutes at 350 degrees for a single loaf). Use toothpick test to make sure there's no wet area in the middle.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Oatmeal Muffins (Or Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.0
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Sodium 173.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g