Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Moist and yummy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1 large egg white
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml oats
- 236.59 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk chocolate chips
- Mix butter or margarine, sugar and brown sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- Add the bananas, egg white, and the vanilla and beat until it is blended.
- There will still be some banana lumps, that is OK.
- Mix oats, flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Add the banana mixture to this bowl and stir by hand until almost combined.
- Then add chocolate chips and mix until just blended.
- Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake about 12-14 minutes at 350 until cookies are just set and edges are golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Unbelievable. Easy and so delicious!!
These are quite tasty! I made a half recipe and still got 20 cookies, so I'm imagining to get 24 they'd have to be pretty big! After reading other reviews I pulsed my old-fashioned oatmeal in a coffee grinder just a bit and the texture was perfect for me. I also decreased the sugar and chocolate chips a bit based on personal preference. Toddler DS devoured two in moments and begged for more, so I definitely call this a winner recipe! Thanks for posting!
These are tasty & a great way to use up ripe bananas. Reminded me of eating a banana choc chip muffin top. DH said a little less oatmeal & a few more choc chips & they'd be awesome. But whole family did enjoy them. I used quick oats - still a pretty chewy texture. Maybe next time I'd try blending the oatmeal to a powder first (as I do in another choc chip recipe I have).