Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very tasty bread!
- 709.77 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml oatmeal, not instant
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 226.79 g butter
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml mashed bananas
- 473.18 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Prepare two 8-cup loaf pans by spraying with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt; set aside.
- In mixer bowl and using paddle, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time; add bananas, beat again until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add dry ingredients mix to creamed mix, alternating with buttermilk.
- Stir in pecans.
- Bake 45 minutes or until set in middle and bread has pulled away slightly from pans.
- Cool before removing from pans.
- Makes 16 servings.
my girls enjoyed making and eating this:) it took quite a bit longer to bake and never did get quite cooked enough for me, but they have already devoured the first loaf