This recipe is from a cookbook that says that the pancakes are like the ones from the International House of Pancakes (IHOP). I've never had banana nut pancakes from there but I liked the taste of these (even though I didn't make the banana syrup).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon banana extract or 1/4 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1Combine syrup ingredients except for extract or flavoring in a small pan over high heat.
- 2After it boils, remove the pan from heat and add extract or flavoring.
- 3In a large bowl, combine pancake ingredients except the pecans and banana.
- 4Using electric mixer, blend until smooth.
- 5Heat pan or griddle over medium heat and coat it with butter or nonstick cooking spray when hot.
- 6Pour 1/4 cup portions of batter into the pan (it will spread out to about 4").
- 7Sprinkle about 1/2 tablespoon of pecans into the center of each pancake immediately after you pour the batter (this cooks the nuts into the pancakes).
- 8Cook the pancakes for 1 or 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- 9Slice the banana, divide it up and place on top each stack of pancakes.
- 10Sprinkle remaining nuts on top of each stack of pancakes.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Nut Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 941.6
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 889.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 67.5 g
- Protein 14.2 g