Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious flour free muffins. Perfect breakfast or snack for South Beach Diet Phase 1. Don't be put off by the beans. There is no bean taste and the muffins turn out really moist! Experiment with different extracts for different flavors.
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons banana extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain beans, rinse well and drain again.
- Blend the beans and eggs together until smooth.
- Add Splenda, olive oil, vanilla and banana extracts, cinnamon and baking powder to the bean mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into greased 6 cup muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Check after 20 minutes. Muffins are done when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
These were pretty tasty and definitely a nice change from having eggs every morning on the SBD. Thanks for sharing. They were still pretty eggy-tasting to me, so I may try using less egg next time. Great flavor!