Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've made this for ages and haven't found anyone who doesn't like it. It also makes for a great gift around the holidays.
- 4 medium very ripened bananas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash bananas with lemon juice, in a medium size bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with electric mixer.
- Add sugar, and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Beat in bananas.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Stir dry ingredients into batter just until flour disappears.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.