Recipe by Chef Nana #4
Moist and delicious. Sifting the dry ingredients definitly makes a difference. You can substitute a 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour in place of the white flour. Pecans work well in this also.
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Chop nuts and measure after chopping. Set aside.
- Beat oil and sugar together. Add eggs and banana pulp and beat well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients, milk and vanilla. Mix well and stir in nuts.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Use the toothpick test to check for doneness.
- Cool well and wrap. Store overnight before cutting for a moister loaf.