Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty muffins. Great for breakfasts or for an afternoon tea.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces white chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 bananas, mashed well
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 - 1/2 cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and white chocolate. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined and batter is thick and chunky.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins and place a slice of banana on top of each muffin for garnish.
- Bake about 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for five minutes and then remove muffins from pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.