1/3 Photos of Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes With Orange Butter
Very simple and GOOD! Read the ingredients, need I say more? This is a recipe adopted in a very wild zaar adoption in September 2006! I haven't made it yet but as soon as I do, I'll let everyone know!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For orange butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups well-shaken buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup salted roasted macadamia nuts, chopped (2 1/2 oz)
- 1Make orange butter:.
- 2Stir together all orange butter ingredients in a small bowl until combined well.
- 3Make pancakes:.
- 4Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- 5Whisk together buttermilk, 2 tablespoons melted butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
- 6Cut banana into bits and fold into batter along with nuts. (Batter will be very thick.).
- 7Brush a 12-inch nonstick skillet with some of remaining tablespoon melted butter and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches of 3, pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake into hot skillet and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 8Flip pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 9Transfer to a large plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm, then make more pancakes, brushing skillet with butter for each batch. Serve with orange butter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes With Orange Butter
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.8
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 162.8 mg
- Sodium 647.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 12.9 g