Very simple and GOOD! Read the ingredients, need I say more? This is a recipe adopted in a very wild zaar adoption in September 2006! I haven't made it yet but as soon as I do, I'll let everyone know!
For orange butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups well-shaken buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup salted roasted macadamia nuts, chopped (2 1/2 oz)
- maple syrup
- Make orange butter:.
- Stir together all orange butter ingredients in a small bowl until combined well.
- Make pancakes:.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, 2 tablespoons melted butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Cut banana into bits and fold into batter along with nuts. (Batter will be very thick.).
- Brush a 12-inch nonstick skillet with some of remaining tablespoon melted butter and heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches of 3, pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake into hot skillet and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip pancakes with a spatula and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a large plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm, then make more pancakes, brushing skillet with butter for each batch. Serve with orange butter.