1/1 Photo of Banana Layer Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Mashed bananas adds more than just flavor to this cake--it also keeps the layers moist. I found this recipe on aol.com/food/ while I was surfing around. This looked very interesting and it turned out so beautifully. It tastes great too! It uses coconut which I don't like so I only ate a smidgin!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 0.59 ml salt
- 314.66 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 6.16 ml vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml mashed ripe banana
- 118.29 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Coat 2-(8 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; line bottoms with wax paper.
- 3Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- 4Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- 5Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 6Place granulated sugar, oil, vanilla extract, egg whites, and egg in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- 7Add mashed banana; beat well.
- 8Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, begining and ending with flour mixture.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 10Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool 10 minutes on wire racks; remove from pans.
- 12Peel off wax paper; cool completely on wire racks.
- 13To prepare frosting: place cream cheese and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- 14Add powdered sugar; beat at low speed until smooth.
- 15Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with 1/2 cup icing, and top with other cake layer.
- 16Spread remaining icing over top and sides of cake.
- 17Sprinkle pecans and coconut or/& chocolate curls over top of cake; all of these are optional.
- 18Cake is lovely as is!
- 19Store cake loosley covered in refrigerator.
- 20Enjoy, you have earned it.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Layer Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 151.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 40.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g