Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A soft and sweet treat for those of us who want something healthy, but can't live without our sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a small, separate bowl.
- Beat shortening in larger bowl until creamed, adding sugar. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture alternately with mashed bananas, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a large spoon, if desired.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 1-2 minutes before removing to allow the bottoms to properly solidify.