Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
A soft and sweet treat for those of us who want something healthy, but can't live without our sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a small, separate bowl.
- Beat shortening in larger bowl until creamed, adding sugar. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture alternately with mashed bananas, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a large spoon, if desired.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 1-2 minutes before removing to allow the bottoms to properly solidify.
These are yummy! They spread a lot even though I used shortening. ? But they are easy & delicious & I don't feel so guilty eating them. Plus, the bananas on the counter finally got used! Made for PAC fall '07.
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007 VERY nice sweet banana cake -like cookie...we have a chocolate chip thief in my house so none were added but they will be next time I bake these.Thanks Mistress!
These had a wonderful flavor. Almost like banana bread in cookie form. I was worried as the batter came together, as it didn't seem to have what I think of as a cookie dough texture...it was almost foamy, if that makes sense, but when the first batch came out of the oven and looked scrumptious, I went with it. I'll be making these again, as they were gone before I could get the next pan out of the oven! The boys really enjoyed them! Made for PAC Fall 2007.