Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
It is no secret that I am a die-hard nanner fan. I love nanners any way I can get 'em. However, I think my favorite way to have them is in a flavorful drink. This recipe I got from an ancient cookbook compiled by home ec teachers. Miz Knaus (whoever you are), I salute you!! (Passive time is freeze time - it will vary depending on how firm you freeze it and how far ahead you make it. I would make it the day before serving, so I said 8 hours (overnight).
Top Review by A Good Thing
I know it's not possible but we want to award this drink 25 STARS!!! It's THAT good!!! This drink will be served at my next dinner party...WITHOUT FAIL!!! This is the best drink I have tried in the entire ZWT3!!! Well done, AMY! I hope you are sharing this little drink with the angels...it's fit for the heavens!
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 5 bananas, mashed well
- 5 (2 liter) bottles carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- frozen raspberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Cool.
- Add the fruit juices and bananas and mix well. Place in a container and freeze.
- When ready to serve, plae the fruit mixture in a punch bowl. Allow to soften slightly. Break into slush.
- Add the soda, raspberries if using, and tint with food coloring if desired.