Recipe by Boomette
I don't remember where I took this recipe. I love the addition of marashino cherries :P
Top Review by StacyMD187373
I really like these muffins! Just pulled them from the oven, so I'm sure they'll be even better tomorrow. I made it as directed using the lesser amount of sugar (which was perfect), but halved the recipe and it made a few more than 6 muffins. Made for I Recommend Tag Game. Thanks for posting, Boomette--will definitely make these again!
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup mashed banana (3 bananas)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (mine was sweet)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the eggs in a large bowl. Beat until it’s soft and frothy. Add the sugar and oil. Beat well. Incorporate the mashed bananas and the almond extract.
- Put all the other ingredients in another bowl. Stir until combined. Put in the eggs mixture. Stir until combined. Put in 12 greased muffins cups.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 350 F until a tooth-pick inserted in it comes out clean.