Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where I took this recipe. I love the addition of marashino cherries :P
Make and share this Banana Coconut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup mashed banana (3 bananas)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (mine was sweet)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Put the eggs in a large bowl. Beat until it’s soft and frothy. Add the sugar and oil. Beat well. Incorporate the mashed bananas and the almond extract.
- Put all the other ingredients in another bowl. Stir until combined. Put in the eggs mixture. Stir until combined. Put in 12 greased muffins cups.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 350 F until a tooth-pick inserted in it comes out clean.
I really like these muffins! Just pulled them from the oven, so I'm sure they'll be even better tomorrow. I made it as directed using the lesser amount of sugar (which was perfect), but halved the recipe and it made a few more than 6 muffins. Made for I Recommend Tag Game. Thanks for posting, Boomette--will definitely make these again!
These were great , made them this afternoon. I used 1/2 cup of sugar and they were sweet enoughfor us. I got 12 med size muffins and 12 mini ones. I couldnt find my almond extract so I used vanilla. thanks for posting.
These were a big hit at my in-laws for Father's Day! I made with 1/2 cup sugar, veggie oil and without the chocolate chips (ran out). They were still good without the chips since there was so much more going on in them! Will be making again! Made for ZWT6 Great Britain.