Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very healthy and delicious. My kids love it!
- 1 cup oatmeal (Scottish is good)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 very ripe large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together all dry ingredients (oatmeal to allspice) in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Pour into a greased large size loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50min.
This one is great! Very healthy and tasty! The only problem I encountered was that it was too moist, but I think I used a bit too much banana.