Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Layers with flavor!!!! This is luscious.
Make and share this Banana Caramel Cream Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- Graham Cracker Crumble: Crush crackers in a large ziplock type bag. Pour crumbs, sugar and melted butter into a bowl and , stir until fully combined. Pour into a 9"x13" casserole dish and press into a even layer. Bake at 350*F for 10-12 minutes, until light brown. Allow to cool.
- Whip the cream and add the powdered sugar.
- Make your vanilla pastry cream.
- Make your caramel sauce or get it out of a jar.
- Slice the bananas.
- Assembly ----.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumble into individual serving dishes. Use a small glass to press the crumble into a firm layer.
- Add a layer of pastry cream into each dish. For easy assembly, fill a large ziplock type bag with the pastry cream, snip off the end and fill the dishes from this bag.
- Add a few slices of banana.
- Top bananas with a layer of whipped cream.
- Add some graham cracker crumble and a drizzle of caramel (scoop caramel or dulce de leche into a small ziplock bag and snip off the end for easy application).
- Repeat layers 2-5.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 hours. Top with a slice of fresh banana just before serving.
- Options: add nuts.
- Serving Option: Make as 1 big trifle.
- Easy Options: Use prepared pudding mix in place of the pastry cream, or cool whip in place of the whipped cream, feel free, but I can not attest to the results.