Recipe by Cristin
This cake has been in my family for as long as I can remember! Very moist and fluffy cake. Great as a snack for the family or for a small gathering. I have received so many compliments on this cake! Use your imagination. It doesn't need to be topped with any icing, or can handle it if you do.
- 295.73 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml mashed banana (use bananas that are turning black)
- 354.88 ml cake flour
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan.
- Dissolve baking soda in the sour cream.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add sour cream/baking soda mixture, mashed bananas and vanilla stir to combine.
- Add cake flour and mix well.
- Pour batter into a 9x9 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.