Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Soooooo moist! Rich flavors from the buttermilk and vanilla make this my favorite banana bread recipe!
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄8 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- Cream butter, add sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift dry ingredients together, add alternately with buttermilk.
- Add vanilla and bananas.
- Bake in loaf pans at 350º for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until done.
- When done, bread will turn loose from sides of pan and knife inserted in middle will be clean.
I added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and the family ate one loaf in one sitting. Very easy and not too much mess.
This recipe has got thumbs up......excellent turnout,though i did include walnuts and a dash of cinnamon.It was sooo good that my husband who is not a fan of banana cake had a huge chunk of it...i will definitely make it again and have already passed the recipe on to my family....though i thought that the sugar was a bit tooo much in quantity.will try to substitute half of it with brown sugar next time. keep it up suzanne!!!! and thank you..
Flawless victory! I doubled the vanilla and added a few shakes of nutmeg and cinnamon...best banana bread I have ever had. Thanks for an awesome recipe!!