Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This bread is excellent! It's so light, yet it's so full of taste.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups of mashed bananas (3 large)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped nuts, if you like
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan, either 9x5x3 or 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inches, with shortening, using a pastry brush.
- Mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center of the bread comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then loosen sides of loaf from pan.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
This loaf was gone before I knew it. It was moist, had a nice texture, and a delicious banana flavor. I'll be making this again!
Wow! This is the lightest, moistest, yummiest recipe ever! It was fast prep and fast bake. I used a Bundt pan and a countertop oven and it was done in 45 minutes. It looked so much like the original photo that I submitted my image of it. Deeelicious! Makin' muffins next time...ooohh!
Sorry, but my bf & I didn't enjoy it. We thought it was dry & lacked banana flavour. After we tried it, I actually double checked the ingredients 'cuz I thought maybe I had missed something. But I didn't. I guess I'll just have to keep searching for that perfect banana bread recipe.