Honey Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (approx 2 large)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease an 8 x 4 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Stir to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine banana, honey and milk. Mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry, stirring just till dry are moistened.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove bread from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Invert loaf onto wire rack, turn right side up, and cool before slicing and serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation