Recipe by WaterMelon
These are moist and yummy, not too sweet - perfect for breakfast or a light snack. Makes 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins.
Top Review by dbredel
Amazing! For dietary reasons made these GF with Red Mill GF mix. Also substituted coconut sugar in place of the cane sugar. My GF family members are acclaiming these as the best GF muffins they have ever had!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (use 3/4 cup if your bananas are not ripe enough and kiwis are tart)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 6 tablespoons skim milk (or buttermilk)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 ripe kiwi, chopped into small cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients (DRY) in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Mix yogurt, milk, oil, egg, vanilla and mashed bananas together in a smaller bowl until well-combined (WET).
- Add WET mixture to the DRY mixture, mix until just combined (DO NOT OVERMIX) - lumps are ok.
- Now stir in chopped kiwi gently; you may also add chopped nuts if you like.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375°F or 180°C for 25-30mins (mini muffins take about 20mins).
- Cool in pan for 10mins, then remove and cool thoroughly on wire rack.