Recipe by jackmck
I based this on a barbecued banana recipe. That has cutting a slit along the inside curve of the banana skin, placing chocolate chips or peanut butter chips (or both) inside the slit, wrapping it in aluminum foil and putting it on the barbecue (or oven) for about 15-20 minutes. Comes out like custard. I've seen one similar recipe ( partial banana wrap) and several anana chimiChanga type recipes on the net. If I've repeated something from somewhere else, I'm sure I'll be told. This is a recipe for 10. Can be scaled up and down.
Top Review by Paragon
Very Yummy. My family enjoyed it. I made it a bit different though... made it flat instead of rolling it... cut into squares prior to baking.. And I did not have any strawberries..But the chcocolate and Banana Combo always a winner.
- 10 bananas
- 2 segmented chocolate candy bars (depending how many segments)
- 30 phyllo pastry sheets, 3 per banana
- melted butter
- 2 pints strawberries
- 1 container Cool Whip
- toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush each sheet with butter and sprinkle sugar (other appropriate spices can be aded) and stack.
- Take one banana and 2 chocolate segments and place on the long end.
- Fold side flaps over banana and brush flaps with butter.
- Roll up.
- Brush ends with butter and seal.
- Brush roll with egg wash.
- Oven to about 350 deg and bake 15 – 20 minutes.
- Puree 1 pint strawberries and fold into cool whip.
- Slice the rest.
- Toast almonds.
- TO SERVE: Place one banana roll on plate.
- Spoon cool whip mixture on one end of roll and scatter strawberries and almonds over it.
- Might want to get a plastic squirt bottle of chocolate and randomly squirt all around dish.
- Many possible variations.
- Reeses Cup instead of regular chocolate or any other candy bar.