I based this on a barbecued banana recipe. That has cutting a slit along the inside curve of the banana skin, placing chocolate chips or peanut butter chips (or both) inside the slit, wrapping it in aluminum foil and putting it on the barbecue (or oven) for about 15-20 minutes. Comes out like custard. I've seen one similar recipe ( partial banana wrap) and several anana chimiChanga type recipes on the net. If I've repeated something from somewhere else, I'm sure I'll be told. This is a recipe for 10. Can be scaled up and down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brush each sheet with butter and sprinkle sugar (other appropriate spices can be aded) and stack.
- 2Take one banana and 2 chocolate segments and place on the long end.
- 3Fold side flaps over banana and brush flaps with butter.
- 4Roll up.
- 5Brush ends with butter and seal.
- 6Brush roll with egg wash.
- 8Oven to about 350 deg and bake 15 – 20 minutes.
- 9Puree 1 pint strawberries and fold into cool whip.
- 10Slice the rest.
- 11Toast almonds.
- 12TO SERVE: Place one banana roll on plate.
- 13Spoon cool whip mixture on one end of roll and scatter strawberries and almonds over it.
- 14Might want to get a plastic squirt bottle of chocolate and randomly squirt all around dish.
- 16Many possible variations.
- 17Reeses Cup instead of regular chocolate or any other candy bar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for banana and chocolate in Phyllo
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 284.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: