Recipe by CarolAT
This wonderfully light balsamic vinaigrette can be made In less then five minutes. Shake up a cup of this tasty and healthy balsamic vinaigrette from Good Housekeeping for your fresh salad.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
Directions See How It's Made
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine canola oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, warm water, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cover and shake until well blended. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 week.
- Variations: Prepare balsamic vinaigrette and add one of the following:.
- Herb: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves.
- Shallot: 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots.
- Citrus: 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel.