Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is so good you won't believe how easy and quick it is! Adapted from Fine Cooking.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut in tbsp pieces
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs, fresh (like parsley, chives, tarragon)
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge, for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a sauté pan sprinkle shrimp with salt& pepper, sauté 5 minutes, stirring, until shrimp are cooked through.
- Remove to a dish. Set aside and cover with foil. Pour any excess liquid out of pan, return to heat and add butter, swirling in pan until light brown. Add balsamic vinegar and scrape bottom of the pan. Reduce slightly until sauce thickens and begins to glaze.
- Add shrimp back to pan, stir to coat sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Serve with lemon.
Delicious way to fix Shrimp. Easy, tasty DH loved it. Served them with brown rice and a salad. I used parsley, chives & tarragon, Next time I am going to add a little garlic.Thank you Chia for another tasty recipe.
Loved this recipe, simple, tasty and probably fattening with the butter. I cut the recipe in half, but wish I hadn't as I could of kept eating. I used garlic chives and parsley for the herbs, I was going to add dill but am glad I didnt. One thing I would't do is substitute the butter as I think it is time to forget the cholestral worries just this once for this particular dish. Will make this again for sure.
Absolutely Delicious! Had this over Rice. Did cut it in half. Very delicious. Made this twice in the last week. My advice, do not cut anything out! And add garlic.